What is the CCNA Certification exam?
CCNA is an acronym for Cisco Certified Network Associate – An associate level certification in networking offered by Cisco System Inc. CCNA is one of the most important certifications because, the information you will learn while preparing for the CCNA Certification will continue to help you over your entire networking career.
CCNA Certification Exam is crucial because it is the basis of all network training. When Cisco launched the CCNA Program, back the early days, small-to-medium sized businesses were unaware of the value such a certification could have. As the time moved on, computer software and computer hardware companies started to evolve both technically and in complexity. New equipment, new technologies, and new trends started to rise in the marketplace. And people started to understand the importance of standardization and being able to identify qualified networking professionals.
Cisco took the responsibility to provide individuals who are up-to-date with the latest market trends and technologies to help them become industry recognized networking professionals.
What Are The CCNA Certification Exam Specifics?
The following are the details of the CCNA Certification Exam:
640 – 802 CCNA
CCNA (Cisco Certified Network Associate)
Total number of Questions
Between 45 – 55 Questions
Type(s) of Questions
· Multiple Choice Questions (Single Answer)
· Multiple Choice Questions (Multiple Answers)
· Drag and Drop
· Fill in the Blanks
· Minors under the age or 13 may not take the test or earn certification even with the consent of their parents
· Minors between the age of 13 may take the test or earn certification with the consent of their parents
· Individuals 18 or 18+ are eligible for the certification without any age restriction
Statistical Analysis are used to set the exam score and are subject to change without notice.
Validity of the Certification
The certification earned by passing CCNA Certification Exam has a validity of 3 years.
Available Languages for the Tests
English, Japanese, Chinese, Spanish, Russian, Korean, French, Portuguese.
What Are The Major CCNA Certification Exam Objectives?
The following are some major key objectives of the CCNA Certification Exam.
· Describe how a network works.
· Configure, verify and troubleshoot a switch with VLANs and inter-switch communication.
· Implement and IP address scheme and IP Services to meet network requirements in a medium-sized Enterprise branch office network.
· Explain and select the appropriate administrative tasks required for WLAN.
· Identify security threats to a network and describe general methods to migrate those threats.
· Implement, verify and troubleshoot NAT and ACLs in a medium-size Enterprise branch office network.
· Implement and verify WAN links.
Who should take CCNA Exam?
According to Cisco, there are no prerequisites apart from age, for CCNA Certification Exam. Anyone who has studied for the exam is eligible for the exam and the certification. If you are student, an IT Professional or even someone outside the world of Information Technology looking to get your foot in the door, all are welcomed to get certified by Cisco through this exam.
What should you do if your CCNA has expired?
Lastly, a CCNA Certification is valid for 3 years because of the rapid evolution in the computer software and computer hardware technologies.
If your CCNA Certification has expired, you can do either one of the following.
· Pass the Current CCNA, CCDA or ICND2 exam.
· Pass a current CCNA Concentration Exam (CCNA Wireless, CCNA Voice or CCNA Security)
· Pass any 642-XXX Professional Level Exam.
· Pass any Cisco Specialist Exam (excluding Cisco Sales Specialist Exams)
· Pass a current CCIE or CCDE written exam
· Pass the Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) Exam
Steven is a experienced Cisco networking professional. For more great tips and advice on the CCNA certification exam, including the best ways to study for your next exam visit http://www.certkingdom.com.