Are you preparing for the 640-553 exam? Searching on the web for sample tests? You are in the right place. The web has enough resources on this to ensure that you clear the exam in a clean sweep.
The 640-553 is all about network security. The basic idea behind the exam is to ensure that the candidate is well versed in all the security solutions offered, particularly in the switches and routers from Cisco.
Following are the main topics covered by the 640-553 exam:
– Explain the security threats for modern network infrastructures
– Employing the Cisco IOS IPS feature set via SDM
– Executing AAA on Cisco routers with a local router database and external ACS
– Applying the Cisco IOS firewall feature set through SDM
– Secure Cisco routers
– Implementing site to site VPNs on Cisco Routers with the use of SDM
– Using ACLs to alleviate threats to Cisco networks and routers
– Applying secure network reporting and management
– Alleviating the general layer 2 attacks
Exam 640-553(or) Implementing Cisco IOS Network Security adds up as a credit to the certification for CCNA Security (Cisco Certified Network Associate in Security). This exam is also handy for network security personnel who are interested in getting their skills certified.
Although exam aspirants can train themselves by using practice exams on the web, it is also essential to gain a thorough knowledge of how to install, maintain and troubleshoot network devices. This helps in ensuring privacy and integrity of information and devices, and the development of infrastructure for security similar to Cisco’s.
The best way of preparing for this exam is by using training products available on the web. Apart from sample questions and answers, you can also use simulated environment like online testing centers to prepare for the exam. In this way, you will be well prepared for the exam and have a better chance of passing it in a single attempt. Good luck!