Cisco is one of the biggest Enterprise Networking and Service Providers of routers and switches, wireless systems, security systems, voice and communications technology. With increasing use of Cisco Network technology and Infrastructures, the need of Cisco training and certification for IT professionals is at its all time peak.
Whether you are a fresh graduate, experienced IT professional or thinking of a career change, taking Cisco training and IT Professional Certifications validates your skills to perform a variety of IT functions and ensures to your potential employers that you have the practical training of working with routers and switches, network security, and storage systems, to implementing wireless and unified communications.
Cisco Training and Certification has five levels of expertise:
– Entry: CCENT
– Associate: CCDA, CCNA, CCNA Routing and Switching, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CCNA Wireless, CCNA Service Provider Operations
– Professional: CCDP, CCIP, CCNP, CCNP Security, CCNP Voice, CCNP Wireless, CCNP Service Provider Operations
– Expert : CCDE, CCIE Routing and Switching, CCIE Security, CCIE Voice, CCIE Wireless, CCIE Storage Networking, CCIE Service Provider, CCIE Service Provider Operations
– Architect: CCAr
There are seven different paths of Cisco training certification:
• Routing and Switching: Suitable for professionals who install and support Cisco technology-based networks in which LAN and WAN routers and switches reside. Certifications that can be achieved are CCENT, CCNA, CCNP and CCIE Routing & Switching.
• Design: This is for professionals who design Cisco technology-based networks in which LAN and WAN routers and switches reside. Certification that can be achieved is CCDA.
• Network Security: Network professionals who design and implement Cisco Secure networks can undertake this Cisco training and certification. Certifications that can be achieved are CCENT, CCNA Security, CCNP Security and CCIE Security.
• Wireless: Network professionals who configure, implement and support wireless networks should aim for this. Certifications that can be achieved are CCENT, CCNA Wireless, CCNP Wireless and CCIE Wireless.
• Voice: Network professionals who install and maintain Voice solutions over IP networks should go for this path. Certifications that can be achieved are CCENT, CCNA Voice, CCNP Voice and CCIE Voice.
• Storage Networking: Suitable for professionals implementing storage solutions over extended network infrastructure using multiple transport options. Certifications that can be achieved are CCENT, CCNA, CCNP and CCIE Storage Networking.
• Service Provider: Professionals who work with infrastructure or access solutions in a Cisco end-to-end environment primarily within the telecommunications arena can aim for this. Certifications that can be achieved are CCENT, CCNA, CCNA Service Provider Operations, CCIP Service Provider Operations and CCIE Service Provider Operations.
To get measurable returns on your investment on Cisco Training, you need to find a good Cisco Training Institute. You should consider following qualities of a Cisco Training Partner:
• Authorized Cisco Training Partner
• Certified Cisco Systems Instructors
• Cisco Authorized and Approved Content
• Real Cisco Equipment and Hands-on Experience
• After Course Support