It is a huge career choice to take up a Cisco CCIE course. The Cisco CCIE training as well as the actual tests cost enough, but the hardest factor is actually passing the exams. There are Cisco CCIE boot camps for applicants where they can learn, and more importantly, get Cisco CCIE lab training during the camps. If there is anything more important than a rigorous Cisco CCIE lab boot camp, it is preparing your mind for the job. Let’s take a look at some of the things you need to consider for your Cisco CCIE course.
1. Find out where you stand in terms of expertise; how much Cisco CCIE lab training you need based on the CCIE Security lab blueprints? While there is no prerequisite for Cisco CCIE courses, it is best to have a strong base to your knowledge. Practically doing something prepares you like nothing else for the task ahead, and that is exactly why you need to take up Cisco CCIE lab training. So if you have professional experience of 2-3 years in the field, the base is there for you to build, the rest can be developed during your Cisco CCIE written training and the Cisco CCIE lab boot camp.
2. Long leaps for such a tough exam will get you nowhere, so before plunging into Cisco CCIE courses, clear CCSP and CCIP exams. While Cisco has not made these prerequisites for the course, it is important to further solidify your base before Cisco CCIE training.
3. Cisco CCIE written training is important since it provides a base for your Cisco CCIE lab boot camp. The written exam is easier so the key is to use the Cisco CCIE written boot camp to help you pass the written exam so you can enroll in the lab test. That’s when things really heat up.
4. Put everything you’ve got into your Cisco CCIE lab boot camp. The lab is the hardest part of the exam and it’s where you need to be 100% to get through. Practice till you are perfect and your Cisco CCIE training ensures your hands will just refuse to go wrong at the time of reckoning.
5. With a Cisco CCIE course you are vying to be tagged an expert in your field, remember that an expert is never stagnant in knowledge. Other than your Cisco CCIE written boot camp and the Cisco CCIE lab training, you have to read up a lot on the technology you are dealing with and broaden your mental horizon. There is a big ‘but’ attached to this point though. Read all you like but find the answers for yourself during your Cisco CCIE boot camp because that’s what you will remember.
6. A personal lab is ideal, but really, how many can afford it? For those who can not, the answer is in Cisco CCIE lab boot camps since these can really prepare you for the test ahead. Remember though, your Cisco CCIE written training or the Cisco CCIE lab boot camp is only as good as the instructor you have. Be sure you are learning from a good number certified CCIE.
Whether it is Cisco CCIE lab training, Cisco CCIE written training or any other phases of the Cisco CCIE courses, remember to enjoy the whole episode in your life. It is a huge decision to go for the Cisco CCIE course certification and you are giving up a lot to get to that end goal. Once you are there you will look back at your Cisco CCIE boot camp with pride but right now, when you are working on getting there, learn to enjoy your Cisco CCIE training. Let your work be your passion.